Network Operations Analyst - Telecom
ABOUT IT AT CN
CN’s telecom network runs parallel to our 20,000 miles of track across North America. It is composed of over 5,000 routers, switches, firewalls and WAN optimization controllers, and is supported by various types of communications media including fibre, copper, wireless, cell and microwave.
WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB
It is a highly technical position that requires a multi-tasker and an avid learner, someone who is creative, is not afraid to take initiative and is results-driven because things move fast.
As Telecom Security Analyst, you will provide day-to-day operation of the IDS/IPS systems. You
will be responsible for supporting these systems throughout their life cycle,including development, integration, monitoring, maintenance, and retirement.You will identify threats and remediate through a standard SDLC process inorder to protect network systems and applications to improve overall security.
- Deploy and support firewall and management console devices
- Security Mindset is mandatory.
- Being involved of incident, Problem and Vulnerability management
- Responsible of Performance Management
- Responsible of Lifecycle Management to all key firewall services
- Insure a peer review of all firewall Change Controls in terms of Change Management
- Responsible of the detail analysis and operational review of CN’s core firewall Infrastructure
- Perform Network Operational Audits, verifications to existing standards
- Internal / External project involvement ( provide guidance and direction to proper transition to core to operations )
- Plan and coordinate the implementation, testing and cutover of Telecom technologies into existing telecom infrastructure. This may include the guidance of field technicians.
- Assist Disaster Recovery exercises
- Provide 2nd & 3rd Level support to pager roster ( 24/7) rotation basis
- Mentor and coach peers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent. Telecommunications specialization preferred.
- 5+ years in IT with a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in providing hands-on technical expertise with Firewalls deployed in large corporate environments.
- Experience with Next GEN Firewall technologies and capabilities.
- Threat hunting capabilities, including but not limited to, Network Capture and traffic analysis, IDS/IPS functionality, Log review and analysis and Correlation of events in SIEM.
- Experience (working knowledge and troubleshooting) with BGP, OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols
- Experience (working knowledge and troubleshooting) with IPAM (DNS,DHCP)
- Experience (working knowledge and troubleshooting) in deploying and supporting VPN technologies
- Experience (working knowledge and troubleshooting) with WAN optimization technologies.
- Experience with QOS
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms and scripting (Perl/Python)
- Familiar with ITIL processes.
- Superb customer relations and the ability to interact with customers at all levels.
- Team oriented, with extensive experience in working in complex technical projects.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.