Aboriginal Internship Public & Government Affairs Our Corporate Services team is seeking driven and resourceful individuals to join them for a summer internship. This position will provide you with an excellent learning opportunity within your field of study, working closely with leaders within CN on key projects. We are currently looking for an Aboriginal student to assist the Public & Government Affairs department in its efforts to promote and protect CN’s people, business and reputation.
Over 20,000 passionate people power CN in North America. CN is more than just a railroad as we offer integrated, comprehensive logistics services: rail, intermodal, trucking, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution to customers throughout the world. To our people, we offer opportunities to grow, innovate, lead and succeed.
CN Aboriginal Vision
- Develop respectful and mutually beneficial relationships with all Aboriginal people, while ensuring service to our customers.
- Be recognized by key stakeholders, including customers and Governments, as having a sound approach to engaging with Aboriginal Communities and having a respectful and sustainable relationship with Aboriginal people across the CN network.
The candidate must:
- Assist in the organization of the annual From the Ground Up tree-planting recognition ceremony: prepare speaking notes for CN representative at tree planting events; develop internal & external contacts lists, media advisories, media distribution lists; collect social & traditional media coverage, analyze and enhance
- Attend selected tree-planting ceremonies: produce social media coverage,
- Assist Social Media team with collection and handling of public concerns that come in through social media: develop answers to specific non-controversial concerns – i.e. questions about CN history, sponsorships, public activities, etc.
- Be enrolled in a college or university in a related field (Public Relations, Public Policy, Communications, etc.)
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person.
If you are interested in an internship with a successful company dedicated to world-class performance, we want to hear from you.
- We offer a competitive salary; $18.75/hr
- Interns travelling to Montreal will either be provided with accommodations or, should they have special requirements, a housing allowance may be granted instead
Please be sure to attach the following documents to your application:
If the community has any involvement with CN, such involvement should be disclosed. This will not disqualify a candidate, however to avoid conflicts of interest, measures will be taken to ensure the candidate is not further associated with this area of involvement. References and background will be verified as per standard CN protocol.
- Letter of Intent;
- Official transcript; and,
- Reference letter from a community leader or educator supporting their candidacy.