Integrator Application Lead
ABOUT IT AT CN
CN harnesses the power of information every minute of every day to make better decisions.
Almost every aspect of our business relies on technology; this is why CN invests around $100 million every year on Information and Technology (I&T) projects and infrastructure. And with close to 1,000 in-house employees, CN's I&T team is more than a first-class technology shop – they're railroaders, dedicated to enabling our people to work better and helping our trains run safely.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
The integrator or integrative solutions, plays an essential role in the life cycle of software engineering, since it is incumbent on him to set up and deliver solutions created by the architects. As such, you act as an intermediary between the different stakeholders in a project by ensuring that the project team understands the solutions at all times. You are the person who specializes in delivering solutions to all stakeholders You make design decisions and manage the integration of solutions, as well as the implementation of global solutions
You want this job because you like to conceptualize complex solutions and lead a team that will help you deliver fully integrated solutions as part of a transformation program. You are proficient in software development and integration lifecycle, and you can design, implement and coordinate conversion and implementation strategies. You have a very client-centric approach, you have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and you know how to leverage your network and your team to promote synergy.
Collaborate with internal clients, architects and designers (user/data experience) to understand the operational objectives and purpose of the future application
Understand the points of integration between the different systems and highlight the potential risks associated with the delivery of solutions.
Consider and identify the necessary application elements to deliver fully integrated solutions
Ensure that all elements of solutions have been considered and that the solutions adhere to the agreed architecture
Work closely with teams (including suppliers) involved in the definition and planning of delivery of solutions.
Oversee the design activities of the application (including those of the suppliers).
Ensure consistency of integrated solutions by examining and approving solution artifacts.
Manage and mitigate the risks associated with the delivery of solutions and integration.
Help improve the processes and methods of software engineering as a whole.
- Ability to lead developers and integrators with a high degree of technical expertise
- Background managing solutions that utilize Databases (such as Oracle) & Operating Systems (such as Linux/Redhat (7.3) Satellite & Ansible Tower).
- Familiar with networking and protocols (including those used for system monitoring).
- Background working with high availability solutions.
- Drive software engineering for vital systems and safety-critical solutions.
- Strong knowledge of IT environments and corporate infrastructure.
- Experience working with Agile/DevOps, continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with Bitbucket, GIT, Artifactory, Jira & Confluence or similar technology.
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems technology (such as HP OMI (OpsBridge), Openview, Business Value Dashboard, UCMDB, CODAR TeMIP & Sitescope).
- Ability to drive quality management processes to measure and improve development.
- Life cycle and release Management for delivery of complex software solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good estimating and planning skills.
- Bilingual (French and English)
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.